23 May 2019 by Marie-Christine Flibotte
Solaxis will be at booth #1027 at CANSEC, Canada’s global defence and security trade show. The event will take place on May 29-30, 2019 at the EY Center in Ottawa.
Come and meet the Solaxis team and discover the beneficial applications of additive manufacturing (industrial 3D printing) for the defence and aerospace sectors. Indeed, our technology allows you to accelerate your product development process and to optimize your low-volume production.
Some examples of key benefits of additive manufacturing
- Lower costs and timeframes – no tooling required
- Design freedom for complex geometries
- Consolidation of several parts into one
The expertise of Solaxis in the aerospace sector
- 58% of our sales volume in 3D printing is in aerospace and defence for the current year
- AS9100: 2016 / ISO9001: 2015
- Controlled Goods Program
- AeroMontreal – MACH 3
- High-performance thermoplastics – certified and ready for aerospace (Ultem 9085 Certified Grade)
- Professional-grade finishing – aerospace standards
- We meet the criteria for ITB obligations: we are a Canadian company with fewer than 250 employees.
Examples of low-volume production and functional prototypes projects:
- Aircraft and vehicle interiors
- Protective clothing and accessories
- Form fit and function
- Surrogate parts and design validation
Examples of specialized tooling :
- Assembly fixtures
- Thermoforming molds
- Cutting jigs