End-Use Production Parts | Low-Volume Production
Start up your low-volume production without the usual constraints
Given high startup costs and the difficulty of creating geometrically complex or personalized parts, traditional manufacturing processes such as injection molding or forming are poorly adapted to low-volume production. Because it solves all of these problems, additive manufacturing (3D printing) is a highly competitive solution.
- Dimensional inspection
- Finishing that meets aeronautics and military standards
- Certified ISO 9001 and AS9100C
- A variety of cutting-edge manufacturing equipment
- Reliability guaranteed by our auxiliary equipment:
- Paint room that meets aeronautic and ground transport standards
- Industrial generator and UPS backup, as well as high-performance servers
- ERP system and EPDM vault
Customer in the aeronautics industry.
To produce various short-series parts to be added to assemblies for aeronautics needs.
- The main goal was to be able to order the components in small quantities, depending on the customer’s needs.
- Most of the parts required a specific finish.
- The customer ordered a number of parts from us, specifying multiple release dates and quantities to meet its production schedule. We always deliver within established deadlines.
- Thanks to our internal capacities, we were able to finish the parts in compliance with aeronautics standards.
- We also delivered all the documentation the customer would need for the activity sector.
- Our flexibility and the quality of the parts were key factors for the customer, who has since entrusted us with other similar projects.
Customer in the energy sector.
After having developed an ingenious system to prevent ice from forming on antennae, the customer needed only a few parts to be able to break the ice.
- To produce parts that could be used outdoors on an ongoing basis.
- To offer an affordable price for short-series production of a complex part.
- We made the parts using PC-ABS, a material known for its high impact resistance.
- We then applied an exterior finish in order to protect the part from UV rays.
- After more than 4 years, the parts are still working well outdoors and remain resilient to the weather of Quebec.
Return on investment
- Unlike traditional methods (machining, injection, liquid resin casting, etc.), the Solaxis solution avoids expenses associated with programming and investing in complex and expensive tooling to produce small quantities.
- Flexible delivery also yields the benefits of LEAN Manufacturing, thanks to just-in- time (JIT) sourcing.
Our activity sectors
Frequently asked questions
Because our parts are produced using thermoplastics, they have properties similar to those of parts injected with the same material.
Depending on the size, geometry and complexity of your part, optimal quantities may vary:
- For a small 1 in 3 part, optimal volumes range from 50 to 250 parts.
- For a 6 in 3 part, optimal volumes range from 5 to 25 parts.