25 March 2020 by Marie-Christine Flibotte
COVID-19: manufacturing support with industrial 3D printing
In response to the Canadian initiatives to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, we can create personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical workers thanks to our advanced manufacturing facilities. We offer industrial 3D printing service for designers, manufacturers and healthcare professionals creating medical-grade components to help in the fight against the pandemic.
- Quick turnaround – Large production capacity
- Biocompatible and sterelizable materials
- High-performance thermoplastics
- Highly-qualified engineering team – support and analysis of the needs
Examples of projects:
- Medical devices
End-use production parts
Key benefit: Cost-effective production of low-volume and high-value parts.
- Cost-effectively manufacture parts for clinical trials and pilot commercial launches.
- Eliminate expensive tooling for parts that don’t need to be injection molded.
- Move quickly from prototype to final product.
- Produce organic, complex geometries and shapes that can’t be manufactured any other way.
- Consolidate multi-piece assemblies.
Key benefit: Accelerate time to verification and validiation.
Added value :
- Complete more design revisions in less time.
- Eliminate failures faster through rapid iteration.
- Create functional parts for testing.
- Communicate ideas and gain physician feedback.
- Validate designs quickly, accurately and cost-effectively with 3D printed injection molds before investing in tooling.
For more information on how Solaxis’ expertise can support the medical sector: