Specialized tooling and jig production
Efficient tools and jigs that are easy to work
Tooling is often heavy and cumbersome, resulting in fatigue and greater risks of injury that can lead to expensive claims and higher employee absenteeism. These problems can be solved by calling on our expertise. Our tooling and jigs help improve quality, increase production volumes, and diminish human error.
We can manufacture a variety of products:
- Inspection jigs
- Production jigs
- Finishing and masking tools
- Ergonomic tools for operators
- Forming tools (composites, thermoforming, single die sheet hydroforming, etc.)
Integrating parts created via 3D printing offers production operators, specialists and technicians an advantageous alternative to traditional tooling.
- Designing for ergonomics and productivity
- Optimization via 3D printing
- PLC programming
- Pneumatic logic circuits (loop, and, or, etc.)
- Certified ISO 9001 and AS9100C
- A variety of cutting-edge manufacturing equipment
- Reliability guaranteed by our auxiliary equipment:
- Paint room for specialized finishes
- Industrial generator and UPS backup, as well as high-performance servers
- ERP system and EPDM vault
Plastech Inc., a manufacturer of sealing devices for the automotive industry.
- The company had to provide its customer, a vehicle manufacturer, with comprehensive sealing devices with all components assembled.
- The manufacturer accepted only one defective part per batch. Even a single case of non-compliance could be disastrous, given the costs involved in re-inspecting the batch.
As a result, our customer asked us to produce an assembly jig that would allow operators to ensure the compliance of the assemblies to be delivered.
- We designed, produced, assembled and programmed an assembly jig equipped with optical fibres to detect the presence of components to add.
- Our customer’s quality objective was achieved.
- The tooling was designed more ergonomically, allowing our customer to speed up assembly by 15% as well as boost production volumes.
- The jig was made 80% lighter than a comparable aluminum jig. The tooling can now be safely lifted by an operator.
- This weight reduction also enabled our customer to implement new storage solutions that have freed up floor space.
- Given that plastic is hotter than aluminum, the operators prefer to work using this type of jig.
Exo-S, a supplier of thermoplastic parts for the automotive market.
Produce a Go/NoGo to regularly check part compliance.
- The tool had to be moved several times a day for validation purposes. As a result, the customer asked us to produce lightweight tooling that would facilitate safe movements for the operator.
- The project had to be completed within short timeframes.
- Plastic was used in all less critical regions, making for a more lightweight part. As a result, we were able to deliver a Go/NoGo weighing under 10 lbs, metal components included.
- Metal components were used in certain places to achieve greater precision.
- The tool met the customer’s expectations and properly validates part compliance.
- After more than a year, the tool is still functional and in use.
Return on investment
By diminishing costs associated with non-quality, health and safety prevention and floor space, while boosting productivity thanks to improved ergonomics, we generally deliver a ROI within 6 to 18 months.
Our activity sectors
Frequently asked questions
Yes, we offer a turnkey service that includes needs analysis, tooling design and production, purchasing and integration of required components, and PLC programming (if necessary for your application).
Naturally, it is always important to pick the most appropriate application according to your needs. Metal components can always be added if we see that wear can lead to potential problems. This provides you with a resilient tool, while also delivering the advantages of 3D printing.