Dimensional Inspection Services
Count on our expertise to inspect your parts
Dimensional inspection verifies product compliance based on the requirements and tolerances established by the customer. At Solaxis, our experts demonstrate rigour by using sophisticated analytical methods to best meet your needs. The results can lead to key solutions in order to reduce your production costs and timeframes, or to optimize your processes.
- GD&T (dimensional and geometric tolerance)
- 3D measurement technologies
- Metrology project management
- 7-axis arm with integrated sensor probe and high-resolution scanner
- Advanced dimensional inspection software
- Possibility of movement thanks to mobile equipment
- Super-powerful computers to process CAO files and large-size point clouds
- Calibration certificates for active equipment
- Controlled temperature
- Reliability guaranteed by our auxiliary equipment:
- Industrial generator and UPS backup, as well as high-performance servers
- ERP system and EPDM vault
Plastic blowmolding manufacturer.
To perform dimensional inspection of the first parts produced for a customer (FAI – First Article Inspection).
- Complete a FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) as per industry standards in order to prove part quality to the customer.
- Avoid non-compliance subsequent to production launch.
- Preliminary analysis of 2D drawings of the part to produce, in order to check for potentially problematic dimensions subsequent to production launch.
- Dimensional inspection of the first parts produced.
- Production and analysis of reports in order to facilitate communication with the customer.
Plastech Inc., a manufacturer of sealing devices for the automotive industry.
Dimensional inspection of a flexible sealing device in a simulation environment for a closing door.
- To set the parts in “car body position.”
- To make sure the ceiling device would meet specifications to complete the product’s PPAP.
- 3D production of a jig in order to constrain the part.
- Dimensional inspection of the sealing device.
- Compliance validation via colorimetry over 100% of the part’s external surfaces.
- Production of an inspection report to allow our customer to complete the PPAP.
Return on investment
The ROI is instantaneous in the event of non-compliant parts, given that you can take the required action at the right time:
- Costly production errors are avoided thanks to tolerance analysis for preliminary drawings.
- Dimensional inspection avoids future non-compliance problems.
- Part evaluation by a third party enables you to enhance your credibility to customers and/or resolve any disputes.
Our activity sectors
Frequently asked questions
We use a Faro EDGE arm with a total reach of 9’, i.e., a 4.5′ arm that revolves around its central base. Larger parts can also be inspected by moving the arm.
You need to make sure the inspection takes place in a stable and traffic-free environment to avoid floor vibrations or any human-induced vibrations that cause equipment and parts to move. You also normally need to have a solid worktable to secure the part, and to leave sufficient workspace, namely 6 sq. ft., to allow us to move the arm freely.