Count on our expertise to inspect your parts
Dimensional inspection verifies product compliance based on the requirements and tolerances established by the customer. At Solaxis, our experts demonstrate rigour by using sophisticated analytical methods to best meet your needs.
RELY ON OUR EXPERTISE
Limit risks and ensure the success of your project
Be sure about your parts’ dimensional compliance in regard to 2D before delivery
GD&T – GEOMETRIC DIMENSIONING AND TOLERANCING
Eliminate uncertainty thanks to consistent interpretations
Quality GD&T interpretation and analysis are essential in order to properly position the part with respect to datums in an inspection assembly, whether fixed or temporary. This stage is crucial in order to obtain reliable measurements during dimensional inspection. We abide by ASME Y14.5-2009, which is the standard in effect across North America.
- GD&T (dimensional and geometric tolerance)
- 3D measurement technologies
- Controlled temperature
- Reliability guaranteed by our auxiliary equipment:
- Industrial generator and UPS backup, as well as high-performance servers
- ERP system and EPDM vault
- 7-axis arm with integrated sensor probe and high-resolution scanner
- Probing: whose precision tolerances required for your parts are +/- 0.005″ and more in an envelope with a maximum diameter of 9 feet.
- 3D scanning: with accuracy tolerances of +/- 0.010″ or more in an envelope with a maximum diameter of 9 feet.
- Advanced dimensional inspection software
- Super-powerful computers to process CAO files and large-size point clouds
- Calibration certificates for active equipment
OEM aerospace assembler
To perform dimensional inspection of the first parts produced by 3D printing for a customer (FAI – First Article Inspection).
Complete a FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) as per industry standards in order to prove part quality to the customer.
- Preliminary analysis of 2D drawings of the part to produce, in order to check for potentially problematic dimensions subsequent to production launch.
- Dimensional inspection of the first parts produced.
- Production and analysis of reports in order to facilitate communication with the customer.
Plastech Inc., a manufacturer of sealing devices for the automotive industry.
Dimensional inspection of a flexible sealing device made with 3D printing in a simulation environment for a closing door.
- To set the parts in “car body position.”
- Ensure conformity, that there is no deformation and that specifications are met.
- 3D production of a jig in order to constrain the part.
- Dimensional inspection of the sealing device.
- Compliance validation via colorimetry over 100% of the part’s external surfaces.
- Production of an inspection report to ensure conformity
Return on investment
The ROI is instantaneous in the event of non-compliant parts, given that you can take the required action at the right time:
- Costly production errors are avoided thanks to tolerance analysis for preliminary drawings.
- Dimensional inspection avoids future non-compliance problems.
- Part evaluation by a third party enables you to enhance your credibility to customers and/or resolve any disputes.
Our activity sector